So much has happened since my last blog post!
I went home to Illinois to watch my little sister graduate high school (lots of tears) and my stepmom decided to throw a bridal shower while I was home which surpassed every expectation I had. It was such an amazing weekend – my only wish was that Chris was there to celebrate with us as well…
Anyway, let’s get to things I’m thankful for:
1. My bridal shower! So thankful for all the time, effort and love that went into this party. I originally didn’t want one (just not for me) but my stepmom convinced me that it would be a non-traditional celebration: a wine tasting bridal shower. Sold! We went through 18 bottles amongst about 20 of us (and there were several that didn’t drink, so you do the math), had amazing food and desserts. If I could do it all over again, I would!!
2. I’m thankful for being able to watch my sister walk across the stage. I was debating about flying home for a short time (I have to save my PTO for the honeymoon) but I am SO glad I did. I couldn’t imagine NOT being there.
3. I am thankful that I got to TRY ON MY DRESS again while I was home. Originally they told me that it wasn’t going to be in until about August, but they called me one day before I got on the plane and told me it was in! They were booked for appointments on Saturday (the only day I could’ve gone in to see it) but they fit me in and I was able to try it on with my mom, sister-in-law to be and mother-in-law to be. I loved it even more than when I tried it on for the first time. It put all my hesitations aside and I didn’t want to take it off. Ahhhhhhh! <3 I can’t wait until I can show everyone!
4. Random weekday surprise flowers. <3 Made my day!
5. Thankful that we found a doggy day care place that MB loves and is affordable! Haha. It’s about half the price of our old one and we get picture texts throughout the day. I love taking him there and love how tired he is afterwards. :)
6. I am thankful for amazing friends that surprised Chris and I with this ’20 week countdown’! They couldn’t make the trek to IL for the shower so they surprised us with the most thoughtful gift! I can’t wait to open one each week. Our first week’s theme was ‘good fortune’ so we opened up a box of chocolate coins. :) So creative!
7. Thankful for another fun PHX wine walk experience with good friends.
8. I am thankful that it’s ALMOST FRIDAY.
Have a great day!