2014 is just about over and like everyone else… I find myself reflecting over the past year. Oh what a year it was! My word for 2014 was Adventure. And I think that it was pretty accurate. I said YES to many trips, hikes, local events and my best friend. :) Of course, there could have been MORE adventures…. but I do think that I did a lot, saw a lot and lived life.
This was a BIG year for me and my families. So many good things happened… and as I recap my favorite events from this past year, I can’t help but really and truly recognize how blessed I am in this life.
Let’s count it down.
12. Starting Crossfit. I went from training hardcore for a marathon to pretty much quitting running all together and taking up Crossfit. It’s done wonders for my strength and mental state. I actually enjoy working out again and am constantly working towards achieving more (which is important to satisfy the competitiveness in me). I truly believe Crossfit has helped me focus on gaining strength and endurance rather than losing weight or anything like that.
11. Having all of our visitors. We’ve been lucky to have all of our families visit within the past year… and it’s been fun showing them where we live and having them in our territories. :)
10. Running RAGNAR. Sooooo much fun. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
9. Celebrating one year in Arizona. We didn’t do anything for this, per say, but we did celebrate being in Arizona for one whole year. What a whirlwind and blast it has been.
8. Our recent Sedona weekend. <3
7. Our girls weekend in Temecula... and the WINE WALK. So fun.
6. Temecula part 2 with our full crew. Hands-down one of the most fun trips I’ve been on. We just have such a great group of friends.
5. Starting a new job. Leaving my first job out of college was hard… it was comfortable, I was content… but it was time to move on. Starting a new job was soo challenging at first (it still is)… but getting out of my comfort zone was one of the best things I’ve done. I am LOVING my job and my co-workers make going to work FUN.
4. Our weekend in Vegas. Just us two. So.Much.Fun.
3. Seeing my sister golf at State. I just looooved everything about watching her and cheering her on and being her biggest fan. She is the best.
2. Getting MEATBALL. Oh my gosh. This cutie makes me laugh every single day. Mostly because he is ridiculous. He has the funniest little personality and is such a chunker. Everyone that meets him loves him. It’s pretty impossible not to.
1. Saying YES! Our engagement weekend was one of my favorite weekends, ever. Such a big milestone and huge life event. I’m blessed that I get to marry my best friend in 2015.
So there you have it…. I’m trying to think of an awesome word for 2015. What’s your one word for the new year?
2014, you were great… but 2015 has even more in store!