I spent literally ALL day yesterday thinking it was Thursday. Don’t you just hate it when that happens? Unless of course it was reversed.
Anyway, let’s get to some Thursday Things.
1. I am literally working two jobs at the moment. And while I’m lucky that one of them is from home, it still doesn’t make the days any less long. :) Luckily, my (new) job is sooo much fun. We’re planning some social media campaigns and contests for a big upcoming event (which I get to travel to the first week I start), and I am so excited. Work is always that much better when you have fun with what you do.
2. I had someone (who owns his own business) who I was consulting with, and he asked if I considered opening up my own social business. And while he’s not the first person to ask or suggest I should do that, that doesn’t really interest me (at the moment, anyway). I definitely WANT to be a small business owner someday, but it’s going to be for a HOBBY and not a “job” if that makes sense. I LOVE marketing and social media and am pretty passionate about it, but my dream is open a bakery/café with a twist.
3. Chris dragged me to a life insurance meeting yesterday. I am pretty sure that he is the only 24 year old that is seriously planning for retirement and setting up a large life insurance plan, but I am thankful he gets me thinking about those things. If it weren’t for him, I’d probably wait until I was a year or so away from retirement before I started thinking about it.
4. During said meeting, our insurance guy asked us all sorts of questions we hadn’t really discussed in detail. Like how many years until we had kids, what our final arrangements would be, etc. Haha. Fun stuff! ;)
5. I have gone to CF every day (so far) this week. Chris isn’t going tomorrow because his college friend is coming into town, so we will see if I actually can pull myself out of bed without him making me get up. It’s going to be a doozy workout because today was all mobility (basically a rest day).
6. I treated myself to some new clothes, booties and a CLARISONIC(!) for getting a new job in which I have to go back into an office. :) I got the Clarisonic because I have been wanting to try one for a while, and I finally bit the bullet and got one. I hope they’re worth the money.
Nordstrom’s free shipping and easy returns makes online shopping extremely dangerous.
7. We are going to switch MB’s dog food for the third time. It’s such a pain, but the food we have him on now is basically only salmon and vegetables and it does not sit well with his stomach. We’re trying a Vegan dog food called VDog. It still has the protein ratio he needs, so we’re covered there… but it does have some grains in it which he is not used to eating (he eats grain free now).
8. I made my LAST car payment this month. BEST DAY EVER which means more $$ into my student loans (I swear they never shrink).
9. Have any big labor day plans? I don’t really aside from a birthday party for a friend. Should be a good day of pool time + good food, drinks & company. :) Plus, it’s on Sunday so everyone has Monday to recover.
10. I seriously tear up about not being home with MB all day. I am so sad about it. :( He’s my favorite little guy and such good company. It breaks my heart that he is going to be all alone for so long. Ugh. How do I get over that?!
11. And…. in honor of #nationaldogday earlier this week…
12. One of the best parts about 5am CF is seeing the sunrise. It’s kind of crazy that, like, two years ago Chris and I had dreams of moving out of the Midwest and trying something different. How cool that we got to move across country and start a life together. How many people can say that?
13. T-Swift’s new song came on my Pandora station this morning. best.day.ever.
14. I have been having the worst wedding dreams, lately. LOL. I literally woke up from a seriously stressful wedding dream last night (my makeup was TERRIBLE, I was late, no one showed up to the ceremony except for a bunch of older people (weird) and something else that I cant remember). I was so relieved it was a dream and had to take a couple deep breaths before I could go back to sleep. Haha.
15. Today is Chris’s sisters birthday and my brothers birthday. So funny that we never realized they were on the same day until this year!
Have a great Friday eve! :)